3. Information We Collect. We collect and use the following kinds of information from you: (1) information you provide, such as personal data (including your name, email, phone number and address), content, communications and other information you provide when you use the Site, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others (this can include information in or about the content you provide – i.e. metadata); (2) your usage, such as information about how you use the Site (for example, the types of content you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities); (3) information others provide, such as content, communications and information about you that other people provide when they use the Site; and (4) device information, such as unique device IDs/identifiers, data from your device and Cookie data stored on your device.
5. Sharing Information. The information we collect from you is shared in the following ways: (1) with the general public if it is public information (for example, your username and any other information you share with a public audience); and (2) with third party partners such as analytic service providers.
6. Managing/Deleting Information. When you delete your account we delete things you have posted (i.e. photos and other content), however, information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted. You have the right to access the personal information we have collected from you. You can restrict the use of your personal information and request the deletion of data we collected from you by contacting us at email@example.com.
7. Legal Requests for Information. In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) we will share your information with the requesting party if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We will also share your information when we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Site, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property and products/services), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information we collect, sell and/or disclose for a business purpose
- Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to: browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available or personally identifiable, as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
How we use your Personal Information
- Providing, personalizing and improving the Site
- Facilitating transactions, providing measurement, analytics, advertising, and other business services
- Monitoring your activity (both on and off the Site)
- Measuring your responsiveness to advertisements, offers and other sponsored content
- Communicating with you
- Promoting safety, integrity, and security on the Site
Sources of your Personal Information
- You (information you provide)
- Other people (information about you that other people provide)
- Your devices (for example, your computer and phone)
- Our partners (for example, analytic service providers)
- Cookies stored on your device by us or our partners
- The general public (information that is publicly available)
Your CCPA Rights: Under the CCPA, you have the following rights: (1) Right to Know: You have the right to obtain the Personal Information we collect, use, sell or disclose; (2) Stop Selling: You have the right to stop us from selling your Personal Information; (3) Request Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information; and (4) Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
If you have any questions or would like to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.